Lunch @ $15/Takeaway
Donitas & Queso – Soft and warm deep-fried minidonuts with whipped queso, Porcini mushroom powder and chopped cilantro.
Tacos trio (choice of 3 proteins)
Traditional tortillas taqueras 4 “ white corn and the proteins are topped with diced onion and cilantro, except cochinita pibil finished with pickled red onions. All tacos served with lime wedges, salsa verde and roja.
- Suadero: Wild Rose Beef brisket braised with milk, chicken stock, AGD beer and spices.
- Pork carnitas: Hillview Hutterite Colony pork braised with orange, aromatics and chicken stock.
- Tinga chicken:: pulled Kingsland Hutterite Colony chicken enriched in a tomato and chipotle sauce.
- Cochinita pibil: slow cooked pork. Main ingredients of the brine: achiote paste and orange. Finished with pickled red onions and cilantro.
- Hongos: Pennybun’s Mushrooms Shiitake and Oyster mushrooms with green kale, cooked in garlic butter and dressed with crema fresca and queso fresco. Available as a vegan option cooked without butter and topped with pico de gallo.
Recommended craft beverage pairings:
Trolley 5 White Crush IPA
Confluence Distilling Papalo Gin & Tonic
Native Tongues has received numerous awards and accolades since opening its doors in 2015, including Calgary’s 10 Best Overall Restaurants and Calgary’s Best Mexican Restaurant in several local publications.
This Victoria Park staple is an authentic Taqueria with a rustic cantina vibe that provides a fun and informal setting for special events and gatherings. Our bar program is centered around Mezcal – one of the world’s most distinct and diverse spirits.