Chipotle Beef Jerky
Prep Time: 24 hours
Cook Time: 4-6 hours
2.5 lbs Inside round (all fat and sinew removed)
20 g kosher salt
5 g garlic powder
5 g onion powder
60 g chipotle and adobe sauce (minced)
- Ensure all the fat and sinew is removed from the beef. Cut the inside round in 1/8 inch thick and 1 inch wide stripes, approximately 4-6 inches long.
- Mix all ingredients and let the beef marinade for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove the beef from marinade and place either on a cooling rack or on dehydrator trays.
- Place in a food dehydrator set to 165F and dehydrate for 4 – 6 hours. The jerky is done when you can tear a strip easily and it springs back when folded.
Note: If you are using an oven, set the oven as low as it will go and use something to prop open the door, which lets air circulate inside the oven.
- Store it in the fridge for up to 3 months in an airtight container.